Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review: Inov-8 Base Elite™ 130 LS

Yesterday I got a surprise in the mail from Inov-8: the Base Elite™ 130LS, the Base Elite™ 140 LSZ and the Race Elite™ 160 3QTR.

I tried out the Base Elite™ 130 LS during my warm-up this morning. The fit was so comfortable that I wanted to workout in it, but the day's warming temperatures forced me to save it for another day. It will be perfect for winter racing which will be here before you know it. 

Though I spend 90% of my training time on the trails, the reflective detailing provides more visibility for road crossings, especially now that it is getting dark much earlier. The main body of the shirt has UPF 50+ protection and the mesh parts under the arms have UPF 20+ protection which will be great for training runs on mountain ridges above treeline when I am unprotected from the sun.  

In my opinion, the best part about all three of these pieces is that they are all made specifically for women. I would feel good wearing them whether I am warming up, working out, running errands or traveling. 

Base Elite™ 140 LSZ & Race Elite™ 160 3QTR.
(I will review after some quality time in them.)

Pretty sharp lookin'!


All three items are already packed up in my suit case ready for the Xterra Trail Running National Championship this weekend in Ogden, Utah. And at only 5.5 ounces or less, that leaves a lot of room for the 6 pair of shoes that I am taking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment