Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Trail Sisters

When Gina Lucrezi asked me to be a contributor for her new site, TrailSisters.net, I was thrilled. TrailSisters.net is a platform that will be used to inspire, motivate, educate and rejuvenate readers by doing what we are most passionate about: loving the trails, the outdoors and the community we share them with. I will be joining Gina, Hillary Allen, Ashley Hunter Arnold, Elinor Fish, Heidi Kumm, Bree Lambert and Krissy Moehl. This is a group of women that inspire me on and off the trails and it is an honor to be collaborating with them.

With fellow Trail Sister, Krissy, sailing down Mt. Si.
I decided to write candidly about a topic that is extremely personal. I have been living with chronic anxiety for about14 years and have experienced panic attacks since 8th grade. 'Running Out of My Mind: Facing Fear & Anxiety One Run at a Time', will be a series of posts addressing how anxiety has effected my running and life in general. Click HERE to read PART 1. My hope is that by being transparent with my struggles you will gain some insight into what it is like to live with anxiety, or if you have anxiety yourself, to know that you are not alone.

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment